Indoor Air Quality Experts in Plano
Is the Air You’re Breathing as Clean as It Can Be?
The air in your home is important to your family’s health, but unfortunately, it can go overlooked. When air quality in your home begins to decline, it creates the right conditions for mold, mildew, allergens, and other airborne particles to negatively impact your family’s health, safety, and comfort.
At A-Anderson A/C Electric & Heating Company, we can help you address the air quality in your home through a variety of services and products. Our expert technicians have the tools, skill, and know-how, to help you noticeably improve the indoor air quality in your home. We only use the best available products, like the REME HALO® in-duct air purifier and quality air purifiers from Aprilaire. Rest assured that our indoor air quality experts in Plano have what it takes to help you take the right steps toward living in a cleaner environment!
How Do I Check My Indoor Air Quality?
Because you live in your home day-in and day-out, you probably haven’t noticed the gradual decline in your home’s air quality. That said, there are some signs that you might not associate with your indoor air quality that indicate there’s a problem to address.
Contact an indoor air quality expert near Plan if you or your loved ones have experienced any of the following:
- Frequent headaches or sinus congestion
- Frequent bouts with the cold or flu
- Intensified allergies when in your home
- Asthma symptoms, including shortness of breath, labored breathing, or dizziness
- Constant dryness or irritation of your eyes, nose, or throat
Why Do I Have Poor Indoor Air Quality?
There are a number of reasons why your home may not have the best possible indoor air quality right now. Our experts at A-Anderson A/C Electric & Heating Company can help you identify potential causes behind poor indoor air quality, but there are actually a few you may be able to discover on your own.
Consider these common risk factors that negatively affect a home’s air quality:
- Fireplaces: These fun features are great for making your home feel cozy on cold winter nights, but they can also emit carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, and particulate matter. Even gas fireplaces can emit their own contaminants.
- Smoking: If someone in your home is a smoker, there’s no doubt that this habit is contributing to your poor indoor air quality in some way. Even if they only smoke in one room, in a connected garage, or even outdoors next to the home, smoke can work its way through air ducts and reach every other room in a home. Without proper purification and filtering, this can compound over time and create serious air quality issues.
- Poor Air Filters: If you don’t check and clean your air filters at least once every three months, they could get really dirty and stop functioning properly. When this happens, they could end up dispensing dust, pollen, mites, mold spores, and whatever they caught as more and more piles up.
- Mold: You should always be on the lookout for mold in your home because this microfungus dispenses its spores in the air, which you’ll inevitably breathe in. When left unaddressed, mold spores flowing through indoor air can cause skin, eye, and nose irritation, worsen asthma symptoms, and cause other respiratory problems.
What Can A-Anderson A/C Electric & Heating Company Do for Me?
If you are experiencing indoor air quality issues in your home, we can offer a variety of air filtration and purification products and installation services. We only use products we know will work, like the quality air purifiers from Aprilaire and the REME HALO® in-duct air purifier. Rest assured that our indoor air quality experts in Plano have the knowledge and experience to know which products and services will be best suited for your home.